28.10.11

Wacom Sensitivity Issues in XP

Now, Wacom Bamboo Touch and Pen is a very nice product. Sleek design, very responsive to pen movements, and good touch sensitivity. All compared to my old (now-busted) CD-R King tablet, of course.

But amazingly, CD-R King turned to be the winner when it comes to software reliability, if that's the right term. Wacom Bamboo's touch sensitivity worked perfectly fine during my initial testing...
 

But after a computer reboot...


It's all blocky again, as though I'm using a good ol' mouse! I never had this problem with my old dilapidated tablet, but does that mean Wacom now has to go back to the store (a damn waste of Php6000)? No way am I giving up without a fight! A few searches on Google -- any troubleshooter's best friend -- narrowed down my problem to this (AND it turns out this is a very common problem especially for Windows users): outdated tablet driver files. A download from the Wacom website's customer care service, and it solved the problem!


Well, almost. (And I've got to be thankful that being a sci-tech major causes me to have a high tolerance of these technical troubleshooting stuff.)


Now I don't know if this is because I have a separate mouse plugged into another USB port while the tablet is on at the same time, but I think that the basic stress-free (or is it?) solution is this:


Nonetheless, despite the occasional Photoshop muck-up (it happens ONLY in Photoshop, to my chagrin), my reaction still is best summed up by this:

No comments:

Post a Comment