25.6.11

The Incoming Tempest - Beginnings

The Philippines is being buffeted by the typhoon Falcon as I am writing this entry. Heck, a tornado even formed at the part of the National Capital Region right smack where some relatives are living, and they had to call the fire department to remove the trees that have been uprooted in their property. As far as I know, this was the first time in my living memory that a tornado formed there. Signs of the times, indeed. I've got to be thankful that we are still all right where we are staying.

So, you can say that this calamity also rather influenced the sketch of what will be my next project. Actually, the sketch wasn't the only thing I drew. I pretty much put to pencil most of the vital characters in Starmaiden (even those that have yet to make an appearance), in an effort to pull myself together after suffering from a little emotional breakdown. Don't worry, it's nothing too serious. Just the matter of not getting enough sleep and suddenly being given four chapters of Plato's the Republic to read, annotate, and highlight for the weekend. (And I actually managed to read it all and understand the main points, after I took a good restful sleep.)
*gasp* Giratina, is that YOU?! Drawn right on Paulo Freire's essay The "Banking" Concept of Education from many semesters ago.
Ah, a great fan-favorite, Lord Gira is. Any female watcher of mine would most likely recognize him. *coughs* But your eyes are not deceiving you. That's my human-form Giratina, like never you have seen him before. Some of his fans (read: my cousin) have been pestering me to draw him again. Thankfully my muse was in a good mood (and yeah, I wanted to get back to my other characters after drawing EltaninShipping for two artworks in a row). I intend to use the same style I did with Magnolia Metamorphosis with this one, except that the no-stock-image personal rule still holds. Stay tuned, everyone, and please pray for those affected by the typhoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment