12.4.11

Magnolia Metamorphosis

Well, I finally finished the only pending artwork I have at the moment. Since I don't want to upload a duplicate of the PNG file here, I'll just use this embedding link generated by DA:


Magnolia Metamorphosis by ~Antarel on deviantART

Pardon the ugly resize. It looks a lot better when you see the actual link, trust me. Hmmm, at this rate, I can already see a trend in the feedback: the figures themselves are good, but the background could use more improvement. I can see where they are coming from, because I ended up using a stock image for the background. On the brighter side, since the purpose of this artwork was to gauge as to whether I could already draw semi-realistic people, I can say that I am very happy with the outcome.

At least, I now know what I have to work on. I plan to return to my landscape-drawing roots, but this time I'm doing it digitally. I already have something in my mind for a start, but I am not broadcasting it yet. Hopefully I will get to merge good background and good figures once I have recovered my original forte. (I was more of a landscape artist before I went digital, ya know?)

Thanks once again, to all who gave feedback and stuck with my slow progress from start to finish!

No comments:

Post a Comment